PERSONAL DATA MANAGEMENT POLICY
Welcome to the Syndex website. Find here all our policy on data management.
With this personal data protection policy, Syndex, the data controller, undertakes to process your personal data with all due care and exclusively for the legitimate purposes for which they have been collected, in compliance with its principles, with the French 78-17 Law of 6 January 1978 as amended, relating to information technology, files and freedoms ("Information technology and Freedoms Law") and (EU) Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 or "General Data Protection Regulation" (GDPR) and more generally with all applicable legal requirements.
This policy describes the way in which Syndex undertakes to collect, use and protect your personal data.
WHY ARE YOUR DATA COLLECTED ?
Your data are used solely for the legitimate purposes made known to you and remain strictly confidential
A description of the objectives and purposes of the processing that is done is given to you, when you agree to quantitative and qualitative knowledge about the visits you make to our pages being obtained by cookies, so that you are clear about the reasons why we use them.
The purposes for which your data are collected on our Syndex.fr website are:
- To enable you to communicate better with us. To that end Syndex collects and processes the following personal data in particular : surname, forename, email address
- To register you for our events : mandate, company, trade union organisation (at your discretion), postcode (at your discretion) and telephone (at your discretion)
- To produce website audience statistics, so that we can improve the site and offer you an optimum browsing experience (cookies) ;
Syndex undertakes to treat your personal data strictly in accordance with these purposes, and has no intention of using them for other purposes. The purposes are recorded in our register of processing operations, and closely monitored by our Data Protection Officer (DPO).
WHICH CATEGORIES OF DATA ARE COLLECTED ?
We only collect relevant and necessary data
The categories of data collected are :
- • Items of information : surname, forename, email address
- • professional data related to our core business when you register to receive our newsletter or details of our events : mandate, company, trade union organisation (at your discretion), postcode (at your discretion) and telephone (at your discretion)
- • Logon data: the IP address allocated to the electronic device, logon and logoff dates and times, logon location, cache data etc. The personal data collected by Syndex are required solely for the processing purposes defined above. Syndex undertakes not to collect more data than necessary.
WHO IS THE RECIPIENT OF YOUR DATA ?
Only authorised persons can access your data
Access to your personal data is strictly confined to the persons authorised and identified by Syndex and our service provider(s), who have well-established technical and organisational arrangements to protect your data. These are the persons who, by virtue of their function, may legitimately receive your data in order to accomplish the purposes previously described to you (examples : know our website audience; improve the functioning of our site).
Syndex offers a hyperlink to Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Viadeo which allows visitors to browse its page on the social network concerned but no cookies are installed (no plugins). Not being in control of the use of these functionalities by the operators in question, we invite you to examine the personal data management policy of the social network concerned.
Your personal data will never be sold, shared, communicated or transferred to an unidentified third party under this personal data protection policy.
HOW LONG ARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA HELD ?
Your data are held only for as long as necessary
In accordance with the applicable legal requirements, Syndex only holds your personal data for as long as is necessary to accomplish the purposes indicated :
- the personal data you supply to us in order to communicate with us (request for contact, newsletter) are held for a period of 3 years from the date of your last contact with us.
- the lifetime of the cookies installed in your device after you gave your consent is limited to 24 months for audience monitoring purposes. This lifetime is not extended when further visits are made to the site. After a period of validity of 24 months, you will again be asked to give your consent.
HOW DOES SYNDEX PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA ?
Your data are secure
Syndex puts hardware and software data security arrangements in place to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, improper use, disclosure, loss and destruction.
It is however your responsibility to make sure that the electronic devices you use are adequately secured and protected from malware and Trojan horses and viruses. Be aware that without adequate security measures, you run the risk of your data being captured or disclosed to unauthorised third parties.
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND HOW ARE THEY MANAGED ?
Cookies are text files stored in your browser and enabling your visit (repeated or one-off) to be identified when you browse a website. They enable site traffic to be measured, and, depending on the site, they also enable browsing preferences or other commercially useful data to be saved.
By November 2018, we will have set up a new tool to enable you to manage our website cookies easily. For the moment you are only receiving technical and audience measurement cookies which let us gather data to measure the effectiveness of our site (number of visits, etc.).
Cookies installed in your browser :
- cb-enabled :
- allows the user's cookie management choices to be remembered
- Lifetime : 1 year
- Required for current cookie management
- laravel_session :
- allows a user to be identified so that they can access and consult their personal space.
- Lifetime : 2h
- XSRF-TOKEN :
- enables protection against certain identity theft attacks (CSRF)
- Lifetime : 2h
- _gat, _ga, _gid :
- ensure the operation of Google Analytics
- Lifetimes : 1 minute, 2 years and 24h respectively
WHAT ARE YOUR DATA RIGHTS AND HOW CAN YOU ASSERT THEM ?
You keep control over your data
In accordance with the applicable version of the Information Technology and Freedoms Act of 6 January 1978 and with the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) of 27 April 2016 and more generally with all applicable legal requirements, Syndex wishes to inform you that you have the following rights :
- right of access to the personal data collected,
- right to correct or erase the personal data collected,
- right to oppose the processing of your personal data for legitimate reasons,
- right to be forgotten (right to delisting), portability right.
In order to assert one of these rights, please send your request to the Data Protection Officer, using one of the following addresses :
By mail :
Syndex SA – Délégué à la protection de données (Data Protection Officer)
22 rue Pajol, 75018 Paris
Via e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org